Haircuts
Two Sunday's ago, the twins got haircuts! I was so very proud of them. For the first time, Travis sat all by himself in the little car and let the lady cut his hair. He still cried a bit, but he has improved so much since the first time we took him kicking and screaming that I have to be proud. Taylor did not want to sit in the little car, but she was fine with using the regular chair. She sat and watched TV for the entire haircut - not a tear!! Usually, they have to sit in our laps and they just cry the whole time, so this is such an improvement! Here are some pictures I managed to get post-cut:
[insert pictures here]
Family Pictures
Another Fun thing we did last weekend was take a family picture! We set up the camera on the tripod and piled on the couch. We set the camera to take ten pictures, one every ten seconds. I'm pleased that the twins sat so nicely for the picture too. I didn't do the best job of holding Evan, but he can be a squirmer anyway. The end result was a couple of cute pictures. Below is the one that was the best.

Travis
A few weeks ago, Travis came up to me with a metal rod he'd gotten out of one of his toys (everything from China is made so cheap you know?). He looked at me and said "This is my pow-pow." I just nodded my head and smiled like, sure, a pow-pow. Then he held it up such that one end was near his face and the other end was pointing at me and said "Pow!" And then it clicked. His pow-pow was a gun. Do I believe in gender defining us? Oh yes I do. He must have gotten it out of Pocahontas.
At dinner tonight, I sprinkled a bit of pepper onto my vegatables. Travis saw and wanted some as well. We have the grinder type pepper shaker, so the pepper comes out the bottom. Travis, thinking it was a regular shaker, turned it over and tried to shake pepped out the top onto his veggies. In the cutest voice, he looks at me and says "It's not working!". Corey and I just burst out giggling. He can be so cute.
Taylor
Taylor came home from school today with scratches on her face! Apparently another girl in daycare just walked right up to her and clawed her face. Poor girl has a number of red marks on both cheeks, plus she said that her face hurt. Hopefully, it won't happen again.
Evan
Evan has been sitting up extremely well now. He can sit for long periods of time without falling over. He also sits through his entire bath now, and he enjoys being in the bathtub now that he isn't laying down. I think he likes to splash the water and look at himself in the mirror.
He has been extra clingy though, ever since he started daycare. He'll fall asleep on me, but if I move or try and put him down in his crib, he wakes up within minutes (if not instantly) and cries until I pick him up again. I'm finding it hard to get anything done that doesn't involve laying around with him. I even attempted to use the baby carrier today to do chores, but after about five minutes, Evan started fussing. When I pack him up in his carseat carrier though, and we leave the house, he's fine! He doesn't get upset at all. It's only when we are in the house that he gets fussy. (And yes, as soon as we get home he is no longer ok with being strapped into the carseat).
I'm sure there are many more things I could write about, but I've been pretty tired lately and I have a hard time remembering unless I make a note in here (In case you didn't notice, most of the stories are either from two Sunday's ago when I made notes, or yesterday/today, which I can still remember).
I did take all three kids to the Grocery Store last weekend and they were angels! I've only attempted the grocery store with three one other time, and they were decently behaved that time as well. But this time, there was no fighting in the little car, no crying about how I needed to open the fruit snacks, no general whining about this or that. They sat in the cartcar the entire time and held their boxes of fruit snacks and were good. I was pleased and impressed!
1 comment:
You updated!! See, I check without being told to! Post more!
Post a Comment