Sunday, August 03, 2008

The Baby Fork

I really wish i was doing a better job of keeping up with this. Like 'the baby fork' in the title was such a cute moment when it happened, but since it's been quite some time, I'm wagering that my retelling isn't going to be nearly as good as if I'd just written it out right when I started this post days ago. Regardless, one evening at dinner Travis picked up my fork, one of the larger variety. When I insisted that said fork was my fork, Travis handed me his smaller version and told me bluntly "No, you get the baby fork." Corey and I burst into fits of laughter and despite an honest attempt to stop giggling at Travis' request we couldn't. It was a funny moment, even if my memory of it is fuzzy now.

Anyway, I am slightly concerned (although it's really way to early to do anything anyway) about Taylor's need to mimic Travis in just about everything he's doing. if they're running around the house and he falls down, she'll fall down on purpose just to be like him. This type of behavior is pretty common for her. At the moment, such behavior isn't an issue at all, but I hope it doesn't speak towards a future trend in her later years of following along with the crowd because that's what you do. Hopefully, the only person she'll ever mimic is her brother.

Evan is quickly approaching six months! I have decided that next Friday, since it's my day off, I'll start him on rice cereal. During the week, I want his solid food meal to be give to him while he's at daycare so that when he's with me it's all breastfeeding. Pumping at work is starting to get harder, which I suppose I should have expected. At this time with the twins I had already given up on it. I really want to make another six months to round out one year.. but I'll take anything I can get. I find it is a lot of work to make yourself sit down and pump. I'm going to keep it up though!

1 comment:

Jess said...

How about
Jenn: In one more minute, it's bath time.
Kids: Jump, jump, jump.
Jenn: Ok, it's bath time.
Travis: Two more minutes.