Travis The cutest thing Travis did this week happened this morning. He asked to watch Cars, so I put in the movie for him and then went about my business. I glanced back a little later and he's sitting on Leroy's back with his arms up holding a pretend steering wheel and turning it back and forth like he's driving with the cars on the screen. He was saying or singing something too, but that part I really have already forgotten. I wanted to take video of him driving, but the tape in the camera was full and by the time I got the tape out and realized that I didn't know where a new tape was located, he was done and I missed the moment. I need to work on being more prepared! At least I got a picture.Travis impresses me with his ability to learn a task the way he was taught and repeat the steps correctly. My kids just LOVE putting chocolate powder in their milk. They have to do this themselves. Lately, Travis has been really messy when he puts the chocolate in his milk, spilling the powder everywhere and then getting milk all over the floor when he took his spoon to the sink. So I went through the steps of doing the task without as much mess. I showed him how to gently put the powder in his cup. I added the step of gently tapping the spoon on the the side of the glass to get the drips off. And I showed him how to carry the spoon level in order to minimize the drips. I kid you not, today when he made his milk, he made sure he did all those things and he did them carefully and correctly.
Earlier this week while I was trying to make dinner, Taylor would run to the window and point and yell "Lion! Ahh!" and then she'd run back into the kitchen like she was hiding from the Lion. It was pretty cute. The twins both do the same type of 'game' when they see spiders on the other side of a window too. I took a couple of cute pictures of Taylor last week wearing a hat. Here is one of them.
Both of the twins are really into singing now. Favorites include "No More Monkey's Jumping on the Bed" and "Wheels on the Bus". They'll also sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider", "ABCs", and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". Impressive enough to me is the fact that they sing along now to some of the Disney Movies as well. They don't get all the words, but the fact that they know even SOME of them is pretty cool, considering those songs aren't the same as the easier more repetitive children's songs.
The kids are also really into cereal. They want to eat cereal for every meal - breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I know this is just a phase so I indulge them anyway. A few months ago it was the same with breakfast bars. I think Travis ate two or three a day, and would still want more. Maybe their next phase will be something like green beans or carrots (ha ha ha, kidding).
Evan
So I decided that perhaps Evan wasn't able to sleep in his crib because he was cold. Evan mostly wears Travis' old clothing and Travis had nothing for pajamas in the 3-6 month size. I racked my brains trying to remember what the twins slept in at this age and finally concluded that they just slept in onesies, but we kept the front of the house a lot warmer at night than we do now. Yesterday I went out and bought Evan two pairs of pajamas to test this theory - one is closed feet and the other is open but both have longer arms and legs and should keep him warmer. I also bought him socks because all the ones he had were too small for his little feet.
Evan's getting better and better at sitting up!! Of course, he still falls over a lot, but he's able to hold himself more vertical now. Here are two pictures: One of him on July 10th and one of him last night (July 18th)
And the kid is a jumperoo addict! He's in his jumper right now going to town. The ladies at daycare also tell me he loves the jumper there too (they have the same one we have). He jumps for 30-60 minutes at a shot, multiple times a day. It's got to be great exercise. They should make jumperoos for adults too. Evan always looks like he's having a blast in the thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment