Friday, July 04, 2008

July 4th

I haven't posted in this thing since March of 2006. There are so many cute, sad, funny, and inspiring moments that I should have and wish I'd been capturing all this time, not just for me, but for friends, family, and especially the kids. I'm going to make a concerted effort from this point on to make frequent updates to this blog AND back blog the past three years, starting with the day I found out I was pregnant. Although back blogged, I'm going to author those days as if I'm writing on those days. I have written about the kids in many places (forums, other journals, emails), plus I've taken thousands of pictures. I think it's possible to reconstruct the past three years rather well. Also since this is a family blog, expect to hear updates on Corey and I as well.

Moving on, cute things the kids did today: The twins got up and brought the blankets and pillows from their own beds into our bed, then set up their own little 'beds' at the foot our king size bed.

Yesterday, we all went down to Adrienne's beachhouse and the kids played with Weston and Avery. Travis' big moment was letting all the water out of the inflatable pool. No matter how many times I made him sit on the bench, as soon as he got off he ran back over to the pool and let out more water. He must have really been having a lot of fun, since each and every time was worth another trip to sit next to mommy on the bench.

Evan is just loving his jumperoo. I put him in the jumper yesterday morning so I could take a quick shower and when I came back he looked like this:



We have Fourth of July plans. We were invited to a party, and I hope we still get to go. Corey woke up not feeling well and hasn't gotten out of bed. I thought I'd still go to the party even if he was working today, so I may still take the kids, even though he's sick. Of course, as I work on updating this blog, the weather has turned terrible. Thunder, lightening, and massive amounts of rain. I should probably call and check on the status of the party. And you know, it rained on the Fourth of July last year and killed my plans. What does the weather have against America's Birthday??

No comments: