Monday, June 23, 2008

Routines

Bedtime
I think the kids are falling into the routine a little better because it has seemed like bedtime is improving. Either that or I'm falling into the routine better and am tolerating bedtime easier. But, I think it's them, because I don't have near the issues getting them to STAY in bed that I did before, even if it still can take 30 minutes to fall asleep. That's such an improvement over an hour plus that it was taking the first week, so I'm happy. Plus, I've adopted the strategy of just feeding Evan first and getting him settled (if not asleep) before I even bother putting the twins to bed, so that I don't feel torn between twins and Evan and find myself stuck in a no-win situation.

Illness
That being said, everyone's been sick. I'm pretty sure we have upper respiratory tract viruses or infections. Lots of coughing, sore throats, headaches, and Corey even lost his voice earlier this week. The twins are mostly coughing, and I can tell that Travis' asthma is affecting him as well. Evan has only been a big congested - a little stuffy in the nose and you can hear it when he breathes. None of us are so bad off that we couldn't go to work/school/etc so it hasn't significantly impacted the routine just yet.

Evan and Feedings
Pumping at work was going really well, then Evan suddenly started eating more! I was stressing a little about pumping enough for him - Thursday I pumped SIX TIMES, but I had a night meeting to attend too, so I had to cover that as well - however, he seems to eat less some days too, and if I look in the fridge I have quite a bit of milk to freeze to replace what was thawed on Monday, so I think we're actually doing ok. Evan's four month appointment is Monday, so I'll have an updated weight and height and everything for him!

No comments: